Passion for new Technology

On 4 th September 2016, I was on the way to Hyderabad station in the night nearly at 9:15 pm to pune to attend an interview. As it was my first time to travel alone and that too in an unknown region. I was bit scared but was determined that I’m not going to reflect it on my face. So, with the butterflies in my stomach I stepped out of my hostel and board an auto rickshaw to railway station. There was N number of suggestions and warnings from my mother and brother about the dos and don’ts about the journey. Obviously, they were worried about me. So, after boarding an auto I pulled out my cell phone to check the location on google map, within 25 minutes I reached the station crossing the silent and scary roads of Hyderabad. A bit sigh of relief was there as I had completed 8/10 of the journey.
I entered into the station & with the help of a women constable located the waiting room. As my mom suggested, I kept on looking for a place beside a women. But, there was no any vacant place in the waiting room. Somehow, I found out the place in the corner and sat beside a man who was in his 40’s. As soon as, I sat beside him I came to know that he is fully drunk. I started feeling uncomfortable, but thank god he left early, again it was a sigh of relief for me. After that drunken man I was not expecting anyone to sit beside me so I kept my bag on that chair.
After settling down, I called my bro and mom to inform them about my arrival at station. Then I left with an hour to go as my train was at 10:45 pm. I thought of studying but it was impossible between the hustle and bustle of people at station. So just to pass the time I opened my FB account and got busy in it.
Nearly after 15 minutes an elderly man with bounty height, bit fair with a small bag and dirty clothes walked towards me and asked for a place just by gestures. In a glance I found him as a generous person. So I removed my bag from the chair next to me and kept it near my foot and again got busy with my cell.
After being comfortable in his place, he pulled out a red colour little bag. I thought he is going to read any holy book and is anyhow not going to bore me by enquiring about my family and native place which usually the age old people do. But what he took out from that red bag literally shocked me. It was an “iPhone”. Even I was not expecting a phone with him by his appearance. No sooner than he switched it ON, he started asking me N number of questions related to Indian Railway App in his fluent English with south Indian accent. His command over English again surprised me.
So an elderly man in his 80’s with a shivering hand was operating an iPhone. His zest towards learning an electronic Gadget in this age remembered me all my family member’s and relatives in their 50’s who hate technology and smart phone as they can’t operate. I like the eagerness that elderly man was showing to know and learn about the iPhone. His interest towards learning increased my desire to teach him. Slowly and steadily he was operating his cell with the shivering hand and learned all about the IR app. Also, I taught him how to download the app and how to book online railway ticket. As he was grasping easily without asking a single question repeatedly, it was fun to teach him. I got so emerged in teaching that I forgot to check the time. He remind me about my train at 10:30 pm.
After a long talk about the App, Technology and Generation and also after being friendly we introduce ourselves to each other. As I was getting late, it was time to leave. So I picked up my luggage and headed towards the Hyderabad-Pune Express with an immense pleasure of doing something worthwhile in a day.

What I learned is there is no age of “Learning” if you are really passionate about something. J

Comments

  1. Experience is the only best teacher for the solution of real world problems and relative success...
    Excellent writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

K2S …..where summit is the only option #No Exit